10 Ways to Grow Your Business’ Marketing Mailing List


When it comes to your website, it doesn’t matter how good it is if people don’t return. The whole purpose of website marketing is to drive potential customers to your site and create a continuous relationship with them. The primary component of e-commerce is building a solid mailing list that contains people who are interested in your niche. Throughout a good day, you might get 10 percent of your customers to purchase your products, but what about the other 90 percent?

Here are some tips you can use to develop your mailing list.

--- ADVERTISEMENT ---

Your Website

People are overwhelmed with the onslaught of emails and newsletters that they get when asked to sign up for a mailing list from a website. To make your request seem more appealing, try offering something attractive such as a free e-course or e-book. These are automated options, so they don’t take up much of your time; as long as you have an autoresponder or mailing list system.

Outgoing Emails

No matter what email you are sending out, your signature line needs to include information that encourages people to sign up for your mailing list. Include instructions on how they can sign up through email, or provide a direct link to the page.

Speeches

Conferences and meetings are also great ways to get you and your business recognized. You can have a sign-up sheet on a clipboard to make it easy to gather names. As an additional option, you can offer people something for free in exchange for signing up to your list.

In Your Newsletter

If you include written newsletters on your site, there’s a good chance that those who read it are going to pass it along. The downfall, however, is that those who read it won’t necessarily know how to subscribe. Adding the instructions to the end of your newsletter is a great way to get people to sign up for your mailing list.

Business Cards

You can find many people, in all different industries, who have business cards. The majority of the time, you’re going to see that these cards are blank on the back. You can use that space as marketing for your business by giving a freebie or discount along with newsletter sign-up instructions.

About the Author

As you write articles for your business, it’s beneficial to incorporate an “about the author” section at the end; especially if these articles are being posted on multiple websites. Your about the author section of the material can include a free offer, along with instructions for signing up for your newsletter or mailing list.

Thank you Emails

When someone purchases from your website, following up with a thank you email that includes information on your newsletter can be very helpful. Additionally, there’s a good chance that your customer is going to appreciate the effort taken, and it encourages them to make more purchases down the road.

Classified Ads

There are so many classified websites on the internet that it’s hard to keep track of them all. Services such as Craigslist can help by giving you the opportunity to post simple ads that include giveaway information, as well as a sign-up link for your mailing list.

Voicemail

The outgoing voice mail message that your customers hear can be a great marketing tool that you might not have thought of. Try adding specifics about your newsletter and directing those who call to the website where they can sign up.

During Interviews

Regardless of if you are getting interviewed on the radio, on television, or in print, always take the public opportunity to mention your website, giveaways, and your newsletter sign-up page.

Creating a vast mailing list doesn’t need to be complicated, nor does it need to be expensive. There are a lot of options available to you that won’t take extra money from your marketing budget. Keep your mind open, and you can turn almost anything into an opportunity to sell your newsletter. However, you need to remember that it’s considered rude and poor business etiquette to automatically sign customers up for your mailing list just because you have their email.

--- ADVERTISEMENT ---

10 Ways to Grow Your Business’ Marketing Mailing List

log in

reset password

Back to
log in